Farm experiences are held year-round, last two hours, and is for classes and youth groups to learn while enjoying the outdoors. Guests will enjoy walking trails, fishing pond, wildlife habit, geocache, and a variety of outdoor learning spaces. These include mushroom laying yards, vegetable gardens, garlic beds, habitat improvement projects, honeybee apiary, bass pond, loblolly pine tree stands, and mixed hardwood tree stands.
There are 2 options for involvement with youth:
Farm Tour $7/per child
The farm tour lasts 45 minutes. Afterwards participants can also explore the walking trails, visit the gardens, and go fishing. Each youth goes home with a ½ lb. bottle of pure honey from our farm for an additional cost of $6.
Educational Class $12/per child (For every 10 paid students, one adult is admitted free.)
Includes one educational class lasting 1 hour. Afterwards youth can explore the walking trails, visit the gardens, and go fishing. Each child goes home with a ½ lb. bottle of pure honey from our farm for an additional cost of $6. Our classes are customized to the children’s ages so that needs to be expressed during the registering process.
Beneficial Insects & Edible Herb Flowers
Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation
Farm experiences are from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Guests are welcome to bring a lunch to enjoy in our picnic area during their 2 hour visit. Price per person includes 5% mandatory sales tax included. Comfortable shoes or sneakers are recommended due to the uneven terrain. Participants must provide a signed release, waiver, and indemnity form upon arriving at the farm. Honey, vegetables, fruit and mushrooms when available will be for sale. Cash and credit cards accepted.
- Smoking, vaping, and chew products are prohibited due to food safety regulations.
- Swimming is prohibited, and no lifeguards are on duty.
- The stocked fishing pond is catch and release only. Guests need to use a single hook to minimize trauma and potential damage to the fish. Bring your own fishing rods and bait.
- Space is very limited, so make your request as soon as possible.
- Reservations will be made on a first come, first serve basis
- Group minimum is 10 people. One adult for every 10 youth is mandatory.